The Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE) is a professional organization whose mission is to promote access to technology, connectivity to information resources, and technology integration for all Alaskan learners.
The purpose of this organization:
- Provide a professional educational technology association within the state of Alaska
- Provide for the sharing and exchange of ideas, techniques, materials, and procedures for use in educational technology
- Promote general recognition of the vital role played by educational technology professionals
- Promote and encourage appropriate use of technology for the improvement of instruction and educational management
- Promote collaboration between business, educational entities, and community
- Promote professional standards and the effective integration of technology into instructional programs
- Promote and encourage membership and participation in the Alaska Society for Technology in Education
The Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE), a non profit organization, has been in existence since 1981. This year ASTE will hold it’s 39th conference on February 16 – 19, 2019 in Anchorage Alaska.
In its infancy ASTE originated as Alaska Association for Computers in Education (AACED), whose primary purpose was to advocate, communicate and train education professionals. ASTE has provided a variety of strategies to promote the integration of technology into “best practices” in education for all Alaskans.
Over the years, ASTE activities have included state-wide and regional mini-grants, newsletters, co-sponsorship with other professional organizations, and supporting events tied to technology. In addition, ASTE has offered staff development to students, teachers, administrators and community members through hands-on workshops, credit courses, seminars, as well as the ASTE annual conference.