Critical ASTE Dates
- Now through November 4: Call for Proposal open (Present at ASTE 2022)!
- September 15- January 31: 21st annual IdidaContest open
- October 18: Attendee registration open
- October 18: December 17: ASTE leadership award and student award nominations open
- November 22- December 19: ASTE election nominations open
- February 19-22: ASTE 2022 Conference!!!
Dear Superintendent, Federal Programs Director, and ASTE Members,
Please let me introduce myself! My name is Susan Steele, and I am so blessed to be serving as the ASTE Executive Director. My husband, Andy, and I moved to Alaska in 2009 from East Tennessee for an adventure, and we never left. I have worked in leadership capacities at the state, district, and site levels and began a new journey in my career with ASTE this past March when Genie Siedler retired.
Leaders are awarded with unique opportunities to build others up and create more leaders. When leaders are passionate about something, all things are possible. ASTE’s mission of promoting access to technology, connectivity to information resources, and technology integration for all Alaskan learners is the goal of our annual conference. My hope for you is that the ASTE mission is also something you are passionate about and support through your own participation or through creating a path for staff to participate.
I am reaching out to you because we need your support to:
- Consider the best way to secure funding (Title II-A, Title IV-A, COVID Relief) so your district can be represented at ASTE 2022.
- Encourage your staff who have an area of expertise around technology tools, digital citizenship, innovative design, creative communication, global communication, and crowdsourcing education to submit a call for proposal by November 4th.
- Nominate and honor those doing exceptionally well with technology integration in your district when our leadership awards open in October (October 18- December 17).
- Be thinking about who from your district would be a great candidate to serve on the ASTE Board and nominate them when our window opens in November (November 22- December 19).
The ASTE Board will have our second meeting in October to really dig into the conference format and mitigation plan. Final details will be shared as soon as possible. At this time, we are planning on an in-person conference for ASTE 2022 but invite our members to take the survey below to share more about what they would like to see happen.
Thank you in advance for your support! Please let me know what I can do for you!
Susan R. Steele, Ed.S. – Executive Director
Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE)
ASTE Ph: 907-957-2783https://www.aste.org/