We want to warmly welcome you to the Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE). ASTE is organized by educators for educators. We want to assure you that you are valued as you contribute your time and expertise to our collaborative group. Included in this letter is our membership card and more information about our organization.
ASTE has a long history and investment in promoting the use of technology in education.
- Members are provided networking opportunities with peers to share and build creative ideas and approaches to the challenge of educating in today’s digital world.
- Through our ongoing annual conference, we provide educational opportunities to expand and develop your skills and knowledge to improve your classroom. We know that the landscape of teaching is ever-changing and demanding, we hope to help you face these challenges.
- ASTE is always looking for new energy and volunteers. We invite you to answer our “Call for Proposals” to present at ASTE. Or, please let us know if you would like to volunteer during the conference. In addition, our board is made up of volunteer educators with jobs just like you, and we hold elections annually, please contact us if you are interested in representing your region as an ASTE board member.
- Our conference includes opportunities to add credits to your transcripts and credentials.
- As a member your input and ideas are welcome, we want to hear from you if you have suggestions or concerns. Please reach out at any time.
- ASTE currently has a representative from DEED on the board and strives each year to maintain a strong partnership with DEED.
- ASTE honors those who rise to the challenge in demonstrating leadership values for our membership and the education community. Members are asked to nominate their colleagues for these annual awards.
Thank you for your interest and membership in our association. Thank you for your passion for our profession and WELCOME TO ASTE!